It’s back to school time for the kids, so we’re getting into the spirit with our own learning event for you to expand your fly fishing IQ. The event will occur at the September meeting program on Tuesday, September 6 at 7:00 p.m.
Some of the stations included will be. Aquatic entomology, leader building, local water access, knot tying, nymphing rigs, intro to fly tying and several other stations you will enjoy. The format will be to draw a number and when the event starts we will have a “shotgun” start and each station will present for 12 minutes. The announcer will call for rotation after each 12 minute period.
We are also seeking if you have a skill or knowledge you would like to share. Saltwater? Carp? Tenkara? Share your knowledge! What you give will be well rewarded with what you get back! The Stations are as follows:
- Knot Tying: Janet and Emory Baca
- Leader Building: Seth Lewis
- Local Water Fisheries: Les Jackson
- Setting Up and Care of Fly Tackle: Bob Garber
- Intro to Fly Tying: Bill Hodges
- Be Kind to Your Catch: Mike McCorkhill
- Entomology: Keira Quam
- Intro to Rod Repair: Joe Ashcraft
Hope to see you there!